Be A Hyperlink Hero
Right now you might be asking, “What the heck is a hyperlink, Amy?” I’m so glad you asked! :)
It’s a word or phrase on your website that links to another webpage. Click here for an example.
Adding hyperlinks to your website is a great way to offer your visitors more info, such as a link to buy tickets to your next show.
The great news is if your site is built on Actor-Webs’ CMS platform, it’s super easy to add hyperlinks to your text! Here’s a quick step-by-step tutorial:
1. Login to your website.
2. Go the the page where you want to add a link.
3. Click Settings on the text element drop down menu.
4. Highlight the words you want to be the link.
5. Click the Hyperlink Manager button.
6. Type the address in the URL field.
7. If you want it to open in a new window (trust me - you do!) choose New Window from the Target dropdown menu.
8. Click OK.
You’re done! Now go forth and hyperlink!
Posted on June 7, 2016
by Amy Russ filed under